Sunday, June 7, 2009
SO GOOD?/NO! GREAT TO BE HOME!!!!!
Yesterday was a very long day.... It started with a phone call that the translator who was going to bring me to the airport and see us through customs, broke her arm and it was swelling so she had to go to the doctors. She arranged for someone else to take us but this person practically left us at check in. Me, Oksana two large luggage bags and two carry on's. Once my luggage went through x-ray I had to get on a line to register and process the bags. Well the man told me to enter in one line so I did. Well this very large older gentleman started going off in either German or maybe Russian, anyway since I am not good in either I played dumb like most of the Russians I have encountered this week did and continued to walk. He got louder and I said I speak english.. His response a negative one was ignored by me, then his wife pushes her luggage cart right into me and Oksana. Oksana was definitely hurt a little, well you know the saying about a lioness protecting her cub well out of no where A reation simular to that saying surfaced and I physically grabbed her shirt and yelled, thats my baby you just ran into, maybe stronger words, I just reacted. To date that was the rudest act I was involved in. Then I see security and I feared getting in trouble for touching someone after all I was in Russia, well she saw it and came to my defense, then I got to customs and encountered another individual who was as anti-american as I have seen, she starts questioning me in Russian and I respond very little and English. Her face was an expression of Discust and now she is questioning Oksanas paperwork. Imagine my stress and I have not even made it to the plane as yet. She wanted me to give her the originals (they are only to be opened by US immigration) So I said NO! She called to someone else who was actually human and within 40 minutes I was on my way to the plane.. Then boarding the woman tried to rip by boarding pass out of my hand and have me sit in a different seat. Well the problem was earlier this week they cancelled Oksanas flight and I had to pay again for new tickets. I made sure we had window seats Better to keep a small one occupied, and now she was telling me I can't have the seats even though My boarding pass says I have them, My advise Never FLy Aeroflot. I think they hate Americans.Long story short all the fuss even though I was in the right meant nothing and we did not get to sit in the seats designated to be ours. Was the plane full? No.. Was my original seat available ? Yes, anyway at least I was on the plane. I did however let Oksana play with the call button for the first 2 hours, hey what was I to do? She had no window to look out of, not my problem, Spiteful? Yes.. I am only human.Once in flight I realized how sad it was to have run into so many unhappy people so full of misery in less then 2 hours in one day.All in all Oksana did so well having to sit on a plane for ten hours. Unfortunitely she would not fall asleep and then passed out 42 minutes before the plane landed. That meant waking up this little one who I then had to carry along with my carry on and her play bag. She refused to fully wake up and I had to manage getting out the documents for cutoms while carrying her. I figured with all I had accomplished this week I guess I could do this as well." All things through Christ" rang so true this week. What a feeling walking to get through customs on American soil, and being able to walk right up to a customs agent and after 5 minutes hearing "welcome back and congradulations" words to bring tears to my eyes. I somehow managed to get her to walk and was able to get our luggage and get through to the exit where Darius and Three of our four children were waiting for us. Balloons, Flowers and a teddy bear and how blessed I felt at that moment, I somehow felt like I was returning from war.. I was finally home....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome Home Christine, and Oksana;
ReplyDeleteOne of my faviorte verses-
In this world we will have trials and tribulations. Be of good cheer, for i have overcome the world.
What an awesome, amazing promise...
God Bless Oksana, and your family...
Sharon
What an amazing trial by fire! I know you had so many obstacles to overcome and you did great!
ReplyDeleteIt is so nice to see Oksana smiling in the pictures of her new home and family!!!
Congratulations!!
Vicky Yasika