Sunday, August 22, 2010
It has been awhile, Wow! How time flies
It has been two weeks since our visit with the Neuro surgeon who is following Oksanas condition. Every three months we go have some xrays taken and meet with several Doctors. Each time we hear" we will continue to monitor her and see you back in three months". This time it was different. The head of the team decided that we need to start the operations. We knew even before she came home this day would come, however the reality of hearing it is time was overwhelming. I have decided that I will keep regular posts so whoever wants to follow and pray can. The operations are complicated and very risky. There is a very real possibility that she may have paralysis. They told me the first surgery will be done in two parts, the first lasting 10 to 12 hours and the second being done within a week following the first one. It will take 6 months to get all the doctors and tests completed to have her ready as well as having a feeding tube put in next month to allow her to gain the weight she will need. She has been here for a year and two months and has only gained 11 ounces. She is so smart and is very aware of all that is going on around her, nothing gets past her. Her foot and leg has been going numb almost every day for about 6 months now. The doctor said this is one reason we need to get going before something more severe happens. We are trusting in God as we have throughout this entire venture. As her mom I would lay my life down to ensure her to get through this safely however I know that it is God who has a plan for her and whatever it is He has instore for her, I cannot change, He loves her more than I ever could. It was God that protected her at birth and God who kept her safe when her birth parents left her to die and it was God who gave her to me. His will for her life will be done, please pray for her, our family and for wisdom and gifted hands as they do these operations, she has to be okay, she wants to be a balerina, she has to be able to dance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Christine,
ReplyDeleteWe continue to pray for Oksana and your family. I admire your courage, faith, and love and look forward to watching Oksana dance someday soon.
Many Blessings, Kristine