Thursday, May 14, 2009

Our reunion with Oksana

Our day started at 5:30am and we were on the road at 6:00am. It is about 2 1/2 hours from the hotel to the orphanage and we had to meet with the social worker for court. When we arrived the director told us Oksana has been waiting for us. She would pretend to call us on the phone and for the last two days she just wanted us to be there. She ran right to Darius with a big smile, then cried so hard she couldn't stop. It took at least thirty minutes for her to calm down. Then she was happy and giving us kisses and teaching Darius Russian. It was so cute, he would say something in English and she would correct him and say it in Russian.We do need prayer for court. We found out today that the prosecutor refused our petition to waive the ten days, our coordinator will still try to approach the judge on Monday but it does not look good, which meaans I will flly back at the end of the month alone to get her.Tomorrow is our 8 Doctor medical and then we can rest until Saturday. We will be with Oksana again on Sunday.

7 comments:

  1. Christine and Darius - you are both missed here....but so excited to hear about Oksana..I am crying just reading this...Will be praying that they will change their minds and waive the 10 days... Love Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christine ... that was so moving, your meeting with Oksana. We will pray for the Judge to wave the 10 days ... praying for you all,
    Frieda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God for your awesome reunion with Oksana. I can not wait to meet her.

    Will be praying for God to soften the judges heart.

    If not prayers for your extended stay in Russia Christine.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious! I am praying for you all. The boys look great and are doing just fine!

    Love,
    Susan E

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr.o and Christine, I am thinking about the both of you I am keeping my fingers crossed.you are both im my thoughts,love Kelly JO

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! I am ever amazed at how God has brought Oksana into your hearts and lives from accross the world! She is SO yours!!!! I don't think I've ever read a more heart-melting reunion story. I'm praying for God move the judges heart to allowing the wavier of the extra 10 days. Keep trusting in His perfect will.... MAZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you daily and hoping everything works out through the power and plans of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Can't wait to see her. Keep the Faith........Neil

    ReplyDelete